Monday, November 15, 2010

christmas countdown: #6 - kt tunstall's "sleigh ride" (+ dave barnes)

Here's another favorite from Hotel Cafe's amazing holiday album. There isn't much you can do with this song, but KT Tunstall really adds a lot to make it even more fun and playful than it already is.



I love the out-of-tune toy piano, the background vocals, the key changes/modulations and most of all KT Tunstall's signature raspy voice.

I also have to mention that Dave Barnes came out with a new Christmas album last week: Very Merry Christmas by Dave Barnes on Amazon.com. I had to buy it because I already love Dave Barnes. I do like the album, but I'm reluctant to recommend that other people buy it too because it's not phenomenal. It has the characteristic Dave Barnes folksy, semi-country, semi-jazzy style which is great, but the songwriting is just okay. But it's worth sampling, so give it a listen if you're interested!

Only 5 1/2 weeks 'til Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment