There are exactly 10 Music Mondays until Christmas, so it's definitely the appropriate time to begin a top 10 Christmas song countdown. I took out songs that are obviously great (Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Bing Crosby classics, etc.) and went for songs that I was happy to discover.
We start off with #10, an honor that goes to the Vince Guaraldi Trio's interpretation of "O Tannenbaum." Yeah, it's an instrumental, but this is the coolest version of this song you will ever, ever hear.
It picks up with the drums coming in around 0:37.
When I was teaching, my kids loved hearing some music in the background while they worked so I played the Vince Guaraldi Trio's Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack to 1) celebrate the holiday without getting in trouble (no lyrics!) and 2) help my kids to concentrate.
I fell in love with the whole album, and it's one of the few holiday albums that is definitely worth buying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment