Monday, October 25, 2010

christmas countdown: #9

Did I mention that Christmas music is one of my favorite genres?

This week I present to you #9 in my top 10 Christmas song countdown: Jack Johnson's version of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer."

(Play the video, but try not to watch it. It kinda detracts from the coolness.)



The melody and arrangement are cool, and I love his original final verse. It should be added to the version kids sing in school -- how else are we supposed to learn not to be fair-weather friends? Those mean reindeer need to know the consequences of their actions.

Anyway, Jack Johnson gets extra points for this song for being clever.

The album that this song comes from, A Winter's Night, is a pretty cool compilation of Christmas singles from Sarah McLachlan, Leigh Nash (from Sixpence) and Barenaked Ladies.


Only 9 1/2 weeks 'til Christmas! Are you ready??

1 comment: