Tuesday, June 29, 2010

comic sans

The word "mandatory" doesn't seem so menacing and threatening when it's written in the Comic Sans font. And in light purple.

I've been emailing back and forth with my boss about meetings and tutoring students, but sometimes I feel like I'm writing to a pre-teen girl with the font and color she uses. I guess it's not quite as bad as a coworker I knew who didn't know the difference between then and than and stuck commas everywhere, but still! The font thing is such an easy fix! Click and click! Who looks at the Comic Sans font and thinks, "This looks professional. I think I'll let this font be the way potential clients and employees make their first impressions of me and my company."

Are there ways that coworkers you know write emails that make them seem unprofessional?

Photo source.

1 comment:

  1. I have one that writes everything in all caps. we tried to get him to stop doing that, but instead he changed the font to something else.bleh.

    ReplyDelete