After a hectic Friday, a tiring Saturday and a wonderful but busy Sunday, I'm in the mood for a calming lullaby. Here are some of my favorites!
1. "Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel)," by Billy Joel. This is the song I want to sing to our future child. Beautiful piano, beautiful lyrics, timeless! It's such a gorgeous and meaningful song. "Someday your child may cry and if you sing this lullaby / Then in your heart there will always be a part of me." Tear! :*)
2. "If You Can't Sleep," by She & Him. Zooey Deschanel was taking a risk with this one, and I'm glad she did. Really good vocal arrangement and simple lyrics. It makes you feel like you're sleeping on clouds!
3. "Lullaby," Jack Johnson and Matt Costa. From the very cool Curious George soundtrack. Kinda weird that he's encouraging the child to sing the lullaby to himself. But I love Jack Johnson's harmonies and echoes here.
4. "Farewell and Goodnight," by Smashing Pumpkins. This one might only appeal to Pumpkins fans and is found on their masterpiece Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. It's the only song I know of that features vocals of most of the former Pumpkins bandmembers. I don't know how soothing Billy Corgan's voice might be to a child... :)
Here's to a sleepy Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment