Monday, July 12, 2010

music monday: windows open

With summer in full force, I thought I'd share some of my favorite songs for driving with the windows open.

1. "Everything's Right" by Matt Wertz. This song gets extra points because it starts with the words "windows down." :) It's about driving with the windows open! That's why it's #1. This song has such a great feel and it makes the world seem like it's going your way. How can you not love a song like this?



2. "My Time With You" by David Choi featuring Kina Grannis. This is definitely more of a cutesy song, but it's fun and they're talking about going to the beach and singing all their cares away. How is that not a great windows-open song? They also get extra points for the ukulele.



3. "Any Other Day" by Wyclef Jean featuring Norah Jones. There is no other song that has the same groove or chill-factor as this song. I centered the entire playlist for our wedding reception around this song because this is the atmosphere I wanted to create. Really, really great song! Thanks to my brother who showed it to me.



4. "I Was Made For You" by She & Him. I must have mentioned Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward's She & Him at least three times by now, but I just love them! I especially love the retro feel of this song. Can you just see the girls in their poodle skirts and bright lipstick?



Do you have any songs that you love listening to with the windows open?

1 comment:

  1. for me, every summer has a new song that i love. last summer it was "down" by jay sean. haha. so far this summer, it might be ke$ha's "tik tok." hahaha...oh i'm so ashamed to admit these... =)

    ReplyDelete