I found this song on iTunes searching for a song I heard on TV that I thought was Sara Bareilles. I went to see her live when she was touring with Rachael Yamagata a couple years ago, and we actually left in the middle of her performance. She's a great singer, but her stage presence and humor were so awkward!
And, especially compared to Rachael Yamagata, her songs can seem a little over-produced and too neatly put together, kind of like a movie that resolves every story line in a nice little bow.
But this song... wow. The lyrics aren't particularly clever and the song isn't very catchy, but it has so much soul! And this song also shows how amazing a singer she is.
I downloaded the only version I could find online, which is a live performance. Too bad it's not as good as this video.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love this song! I actually really like most of her other songs too.
ReplyDeleteThis song is a Sam Cooke cover. You should definitely hear the original.
ReplyDelete