After paying hundreds of dollars to get certified to teach in New York Public Schools, I'm working at Starbucks. Sometimes, I admit that I'm a little embarrassed to tell people, and when new people I meet ask what I do, I tell them about my other job (sometimes).
Going into it, I thought that it would be easy. But waking up at 4:30am every weekday morning, seeing Cyrus for only an hour at night before we have to go to bed, and doing a million kajillion things at once for 6-8 hours straight is pretty stressful! But that's real life, right?
I'm pretty lucky to have what I had this past year: working part-time and spending a whole lot of time each day with Cyrus, even if I was sitting five feet away from him on my computer while he studied. And I'm so thankful that that's how we were able to start our marriage.
And no matter how hard it is not seeing him more than an hour each weeknight, I always remind myself - at least we're not dating long-distance anymore! Seriously, because anything is better than that!
So I work at Starbucks! And it's going okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

no shame. i love it when my friends work at starbucks... free coffee!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat post, Ina! No shame in making an honest paycheck! (Starbucks employees make more than full time photographers)
ReplyDeleteNot to be too cheesy, but the wedding ring on your finger means Cyrus is right there with you no matter what~ ;)
benefits!
ReplyDeletethis is jenn btw :)
You are very good at conveying your exact emotional state in writing.
ReplyDeleteTotally agree with Liv! Thankfully, most of the college students at my church work at SB.
ReplyDeleteAnd no shame working there. At least you didn't work at McD's like I did. :-) Though I'm very proud of my time there.
thanks for your support, guys!! :) i had the hardest time waking up today, but now my shift is over and it's almost friday!
ReplyDeleteaw ina! i'm glad u got the job! =) one day, u can write a book about the secret world of starbucks!
ReplyDelete