http://no-carrots-please.blogspot.com/
Nine hours later, that cup of regular coffee (I only drank 2/3 of it!) has got me feeling all kinds of funny inside! The inside of my hands feel empty and it feels like there's a hole in the back of my head letting out all of the brainy parts. I think a decaf would have been enough to keep me alert today... :)
Anyway, the retreat was fantastic! I did wish Cyrus were there, but in some ways I was thankful that I had some time to reflect on some things on my own before discussing them with Cyrus. It was pretty great, and a surprisingly unique experience, talking to other married couples and sharing stories and fears and lessons learned. I hope that we have more opportunities like this!
I'll preface this next part by saying that I often congratulate myself on the tiniest little things I've accomplished ("I cleaned the bathroom!" "I didn't spill the flour!"), and so this is one of these things. I was pretty proud that I was able to go to on this couples and families retreat on my own, with a church that I'd only been going to for four months. Of course, it helped that a lot of people in this community have been making a lot of effort to reach out to me and be kind to me, so I can't attribute everything to sheer courage and personableness (new discovery: personability isn't a word!) on my part. But still, high school Ina would've been terrified and would've shuddered in fear when faced with a situation like this. So it's always really rewarding to see how much I've changed in the past (gasp!) 10 years.
Anyway, thanks CCFC for a great retreat!
I think I might be embarrassed about this post in about 10 minutes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment