Friday, February 26, 2010

tj's + ny = ?

http://no-carrots-please.blogspot.com/

I keep daydreaming about what it would be like for us to live in New York. I mean, I thought Cambridge was urban enough for us! To be honest, I think the most difficult things about leaving Boston to go to New York would be 1) leaving friends and community for the second time in a year and 2) waiting in line to get into the only Trader Joe's in Manhattan.

I've mentioned my love of TJ's in the past (...yesterday), and the Yelp reviews of Trader Joe's in East Village scare me! I did a search for the word "line," and it showed up 63 times in only 40 reviews! Not a good sign.

(Don't get me wrong - I really hope Cyrus gets this clerkship! He deserves it! If he gets the job, I'll have no problem packing up and leaving... it's just a little scary!) 

So can anyone share some things about New York City that a couple homebodies like us might appreciate?

2 comments:

  1. ina! you have a blog! hooray! i'll happily follow u!

    can you PLEASE move to nyc?? i miss u so much and it'd be great to be back in the same state with you!! =D as for your trader joe's issue, there are alternatives! we'll make a way! and as for your homebodiness - that's totally fine! plenty of new yorkers hole themselves up in their cozy apartments and have a nice time. i think if anything, most veteran new yorkers get tired of the hustle and bustle and become more homebody-ish anyway. i'll be praying for cyrus! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Mia! Thanks for your comment! I hope that Cyrus gets the clerkship, and I know that if we move to NYC, we'll have a great time. :) And it's good to know that Mia knows of TJ alternatives! I feel like your entire comment is a big hug. :D I miss you, Mia!

    ReplyDelete