In my cooking adventures, I've been really dependent on my Food & Wine 2009 Annual Cookbook, Barefoot Contessa: Back to Basics, and the indispensable How to Cook Everything by Mark Bittman. I also get some recipes from online food blogs like Serious Eats or Smitten Kitchen. Overall, I've been the most adventurous with my western-style cooking because I've had these great resources with really dependable recipes. In the past year, we almost always had to get rid of our leftover kimchi that would go bad if we didn't make kimchi jiggae out of it. We didn't eat much Korean food.
But I came across this one food blog through her YouTube channel: Cooking Korean Food with Maangchi. She doesn't make the most professional cooking videos (she never ever mentions how many servings her dish makes), but her recipes are solid! It's hard to find reliable Korean cooking recipes. Even the go-to Korean cookbook, Vignette of Korean Cooking, seems a little suspect (She never uses real garlic! What's with this garlic powder stuff?).
But Maangchi's stuff is awesome! I'm planning on making some galbi jjim for Cyrus's lunch next week. Here's the recipe I'm gonna follow:
Are there any other great Korean or Asian recipe resources that you live by?
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment