Monday, March 1, 2010

carrot help

http://no-carrots-please.blogspot.com/

We have a bag of about five carrots in the fridge. I bought them to put into a bourguignon I made last week, and now I don't know what to do with them! So here's an actual post about carrots.

Any idea what I can do with these guys?

Here are the criteria for ideas that I'll actually consider:

1. The recipe must involve cooking the carrots so you can barely taste the carrot.
2. The recipe must involve cooking the carrots so you can barely feel the texture of the carrot.

Difficult, huh? Welcome to my life. :)

5 comments:

  1. Make a curry (http://www.ottogi.co.kr/english/company/index.jsp) and just put the carrots in there really early.

    Or galbi makes everything better:
    http://korean-cuisine.blogspot.com/2008/07/galbi-jjim.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny thing is, whenever I do put carrot in my curry or galbi, I just avoid them! I think I should add a third criteria: make them unavoidable so I HAVE to eat them! I picked out a recipe for carrot curry soup that I think I might try...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, so you're actually trying to eat them rather than simply cook with them?

    Just slow cook the crap out of them with a couple sticks of butter. Mmmmmmmm, butter!

    Or you could try a carrot cake:
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Carrot-Cake-III/Detail.aspx
    I've never tried making one before, but 5 stars and 2000+ reviews can't possibly be wrong, could they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok so i never would have ordered a carrot soup myself because it sounds nasty but this is actually really very good. tastes more like a sweet potato or butternut squash kind of soup than carrot... i use blanched (de-skinned) almonds and half and half and grated fresh ginger.

    http://www.slashfood.com/2007/08/21/the-original-moosewood-carrot-soup-recipe/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, carrot cake. Never thought of that! And Olivia, your carrot soup recipe looks a lot better than mine. So many options now! Not enough carrots! Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete