Saturday, March 6, 2010

no chad kroeger, please

I've been following American Idol this season because of John Park and to see some good singing, but I don't think I can take it anymore. If Lee Dewyze, who sounds like an exact copy of Chad Kroeger and everyone who tries to sound exactly like Chad Kroeger (and why would they??), is praised as being "head and shoulders above everyone else in your side of the competition"and "definitely the best singer," I cannot, in good conscience, follow this show!

Seriously. Chad Kroeger, lead singer of the worst band ever, Nickelback, is like sandpaper - or a cheese grater! Ow! - on my ears. Same goes for the Hinder guy, whose song "Lips of an Angel," Lee Dewyze sang this past week, just screams and has the most one-dimensional voice I've ever heard on the radio!

I know I can attribute some of my dislike for recent pop songs to my getting older, but Chad Kroeger, this Hinder guy and Lee Dewyze are just abuse to my ears!

For you masochists, take a listen to Lee Dewyze's performance and get ready to drop your jaw when you hear the judge's praise.



It's too bad about John Park. His audition was great, but his performances were seriously lacking. At least his a cappella group at Northwestern will be glad to have him back! Maybe we'll have an Asian-American American Idol next year. :P

1 comment:

  1. GAG! I likened Nickelback to D&B - "D&B kind of reminds me of Nickelback. Everyone generally agrees that Nickelback sucks and that they have no discernible talent, and yet, defying all logic, they are popular and get tons of airplay, while other more talented bands churn out fantastic tunes in relative obscurity."
    (http://www.yelp.com/biz/dave-and-busters-kensington#hrid:wEP-Pnoh0Qo1x5rnbTtuxQ)

    I bet all the judges see big $ signs when they see this guy.

    ReplyDelete