I don't know why, and you're gonna think I'm crazy, but I promise that this has worked for me every time I got hiccups in the past six years except for maybe twice. And I get hiccups a lot! (Credit for this cure goes to Dave Yi from BU who I heard this from way back in college.)
All you have to do is close your eyes for up to a minute and envision a white horse. I like to think of a scene from the first season of Lost where Kate sees a horse (I think it might've actually been black) in the middle of the forest. I've also envisioned riding the horse (awesome), which also works.
Cyrus believes in the power of the white horse, but we started experimenting with envisioning different things. "What would happen if you thought about people without hiccups?" So I tried it-- didn't work. I also tried thinking about tomatoes. Also didn't work.
So the next time you have hiccups, close your eyes (as long as you're not walking or driving!) and envision the most beautiful white horse.
Let me help you...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'd like to smoke whatever it is you're smoking.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was about your age, I once had the hiccups for 7 straight days. Couldn't get rid of it. Drove me crazy because I couldn't sleep during that entire time. Finally on the 7th day, I called my doctor at 11pm and he phoned in a prescription of Thorazine to the 24x7 Giant which I took and was cured from this hicupping nightmare. Incidentally, Thorazine is medication they prescribe for schizophrenia. Only if I knew about white horses back then.
Wow, seven days?? The longest I've had it was for a couple hours. But try it! It works! :)
ReplyDeleteDefinitely works. But every time I get the hiccups (which is quite often) Rob says "picture the white horse" and for some reason it cracks us both up, which totally distracts me from thinking about the white horse. So it takes a while before I can calm down and really concentrate.
ReplyDeleteWe also like to instruct RJ to "picture the white horse" when he gets the hiccups. That is not so successful. Maybe he's kinda slow...
LOL Tina! It could also be that he doesn't know what a white horse is yet.
ReplyDelete