Tuesday, March 30, 2010

deleted!

I've started unfriending people on Facebook, but only because a) I have no idea who in the world they are, or b) they swear too much, and their status updates are usually an assault on my eyes.

I've also become a lot more discriminating when it comes to accepting friend requests on Yelp. I coldly press "ignore" if a) we have no reviews in the same region, b) you have 293409203 friends and 0 reviews or c) you seem kinda weird.

Do you guys have any other criteria for unfriending people?

5 comments:

  1. i've never unfriended anyone, and i also feel bad about rejecting a friend request too. therefore, i just leave them in my queue never to be answered. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do some purging. i don't really care on the yelp reviews since I don't really keep up with my "friend reviews". As for facebook, I only ever accept people I have actually met in person and I block the swearers and people that say dumb stuff from my main feed. I also blocked one girl that I knew because every single day she would request that I become a fan of her page. Gaa! 40+ requests = unfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Nat! I hate those invitations! There was one girl who I wanted to keep as a friend, but I found a way to block all invitations from her.

    Mia, I've done that too! I have one friend request that's been there for over two years...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, this whole "friend" issue sucks. I'm not that old but I am old enough that saying that someone was your friend meant that you mutually acknowledge you know and enjoy/tolerate each other. I wasn't the cool kid and I certainly couldn't "friend" the cool kids without some sort of organ/dignity loss. Nor could I "fan" them b/c, well, that used to be called stalking or just being a loser.

    Now, being friends or not accepting friend requests can be awkward b/c for whatever reason, I tend to run into those people who I leave in my queue or reject outright.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Su, running into people who you rejected?? Ouch! Talk about awkward! Now there's a situation where sarcasm might not be a good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete