What a treat! Ollie and I went to see our very favorite author Jhumpa Lahiri speak at Babson College last night.
Here's how it looked when I took off my glasses:
Actually, without glasses, it'd probably look even worse. Anyway!
She talked a lot about her writing process, being an author compared to being an "interpreter" for her characters, and lots of other good stuff.
I brought The Namesake and I had to buy a copy of her Pulitzer Prize-winning Interpreter of Maladies so that I could finally have all of my Jhumpa Lahiri books signed by the amazing woman herself!
It's too bad I left my already signed copy of Unaccustomed Earth at my parents' house. :( But these three books together will be yet another family heirloom! (I'm on a mission to create lasting heirlooms that our great-great-great-great-great grandchildren will treasure! I will be a legend! So far I have a music box, a pearl necklace and these Jhumpa books! Classic!)
More Jhumpa pics...
Here she is not smiling. I think her writing genius takes up too much of her mental capacity to be friendly to her biggest fans... Hmph. She was not very friendly. :P
My books!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ow. My eyes hurt. Thanks!
ReplyDelete