Thursday, April 8, 2010

i love npr

NPR has made me a better person. Jkjk. But seriously, I started listening to National Public Radio in 2008 when I realized that I couldn't engage in conversation with Cyrus about what was going on in the world because I had no idea what was going on in the world! So I started off with listening to Morning Edition while I got ready for work and on my way there. Then I started listening to more and more programs, and realized how awesome NPR is!

Some more of my favorite shows:
- All Things Considered
- Science Friday
- Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me
- Car Talk

I know how bad it feels not to be able to contribute to a conversation about politics or world events. (And I'm only at the point where I can sometimes throw in an intelligent question here or there.) And I thought I was doomed to be ignorant for the rest of my life because the newspaper is too bulky and I'd rather watch what was on my DVR than sit and watch the news. But NPR presents stories in such an interesting and accessible way that it's easy to learn about what's going on in the world!

So find the NPR station in your city and start listening!

Also, take the quiz of the Faces of NPR! I got 5/12 right, but really - how are you expected to know what the people look like when it's a radio station??

1 comment: