Monday, April 12, 2010

music monday: your first concert

What was the first concert you went to?

When I was in first grade, I had a friend Melissa who had tickets to see Bon Jovi. I had absolutely no idea who he was, but Melissa was cool and I wanted to do something that she thought was cool. So I begged my mom to let me go with Melissa and her mom, but she decided that one inch of snow on the ground was enough of a reason to keep me at home. (One inch of snow on the ground was also the reason why I wasn't able to be in the audience of a TRL taping!) So unfortunately, Bon Jovi was not my first concert.

Fast forward about eight years, and I still didn't really know who Bon Jovi was. :) But my brother was a total 90s rocker and was in love with the Smashing Pumpkins. So he bought four tickets, and let me tag along with him and his friends, even though I only knew a couple of their songs. It was the first time I had ever heard anything so loud.

I never knew what it was like to feel the bass drum in your chest, or to experience the music that I heard on the radio being produced right in front of my eyes by these famous people!

After that, we went to a couple more concerts together, and I began to see just how easy it was to buy tickets to these concerts and see all of these artists perform live! Thus began my very expensive habit of concert-going. More about that later.

What was the first concert you went to?

1 comment: