Friday, April 2, 2010

lousy tippers

Have you ever been to a restaurant with a group, and when it comes time to pay the bill, everyone claims they paid their share including tax and tip, yet you're still short of even paying the bill on its own? How does this happen? Answer: lousy tippers! ...Or, people who can't do math.

Check out yesterday's blog post from one of my favorite food critics in Boston, MC Slim JB about Shaming Lousy Tippers Into Better Behavior. I went wide-eyed when I read about how he handles confronting a dining companion who tipped poorly. I don't think I could ever give someone an ultimatum so straightforward like that. Yikes! But that one restaurant's innovative receipt idea is pretty great. I'd like to see more of that.

Have you dealt with friends who are lousy tippers?

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I've just resigned myself to dropping a LOT of money whenever I go out with friends, esp. in larger groups. Now in more close knit groups, we usually come out over, so could the state of the check be like a DTR moment for the group of friends?

    ReplyDelete