Actually, I don't know how much life she has left with her band, A Fine Frenzy. She doesn't necessarily have a timeless sound, but her two albums have gotten great reviews. I love how not all of her songs are about ex-boyfriends and going out to party tonight.
Take "The Minnow and the Trout" for example. This song is about a young, naive minnow offering to help a trout feel young again, and an eagle asking a dove for help. Not what you'd expect but "Please, I know that we're different / We were one cell in the sea in the beginning / And what we're made of was all the same once / We're not that different after all." Good stuff, huh? Other songs I love are "Come On, Come Out," "You Picked Me," "Rangers," "Lifesize" and "Almost Lover" (okay, this one is about an ex-boyfriend~).
And let's talk about the sound. It's kind of like a girl-version of Keane (whose debut album is one of my favorites!). Heavy on the keyboards with very melodic themes and and easy-to-swallow melodies. She doesn't show a lot of vocal range, which only means that it's really easy to sing along to. :)
She has a newer album out, "Bomb in a Birdcage," but I haven't listened to it yet. But check out "One Cell in the Sea" and let me know what you think!
Official website
Listen to samples and buy the MP3 album on Amazon for $4.99!

oh i have "almost lover"! haha. funny that the only song i have by her, is the one u semi-are ashamed of. =)
ReplyDelete