In response to yesterday's post about Esquire's "How Men Eat," I thought I'd make my own list about how I eat.
- I share everything: my food, my drink, my napkin. Anything can be cut in half. Or in fourths.
- If I'm eating with a close friend, I stay at the restaurant or bar until we've exhausted every conversation topic possible. In my experience, we tend to leave a larger tip the longer we stay, especially if the server is gracious about it.
- If there are half-portions available, I order the half-portion.
- If there is a cocktail with fruit puree, I'm ordering it.
- The terms appetizer, side, entree, dessert, etc. are interchangeable. There's no shame in ordering a side as an appetizer, and an app and dessert for your main course.
- If I'm in a rush or if something in the meal is going wrong, it's important that the server validates my feelings.
- If it has a side of grits, mashed potatoes or pretty much anything starchy and gooey, I'm ordering it.
- There is no such thing as three square meals a day or snacking too much.
- An unfamiliar-sounding cheese is just a friend I haven't met yet.
Do you have any rules about how you eat?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

love the second to last one. can't wait for you to be pregnant, because you'll be snacking all day~ :D
ReplyDeleteHi, Angela! Yep, I'm gonna be in huge trouble when I'm pregnant!! :) Good to hear from youu!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome list! I especially liked "An unfamiliar-sounding cheese is just a friend I haven't met yet."
ReplyDeleteMine would include:
- if it has bacon in it, I'm ordering it
- if I'm getting full, I better eat anything that's worth $ on the plate
- if I'm dining with you and you don't finish your meal and you see that I'm looking longingly at your leftovers, don't say, "Yes, I'm done," and let the server take away the plate
LOL, Su! I agree with all three of yours!!
ReplyDelete