I started my new job as a tutor last night, and it was legendary. I haven't taught or even interacted with kids on a regular basis since June of 2009, and it filled my heart to see this student succeed and be so proud of her work!
Teaching is all I ever remember wanting to do (I made worksheets for my friends when I was six!), but I still had that itch -- I didn't think I'd be able to do it for very long and I desperately wanted to try something else. But now that I feel this immense satisfaction and wholeness after one 60-minute tutoring session, maybe I was right all along. Maybe teaching is something I could do for the rest of my life, or at least for a long while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That's awesome! I think I made better money as a tutor than I do now. Korean parents pay PREMIUM for tutoring.
ReplyDelete