This is one of my favorite songs. The lyrics completely wreck me. Even if I'm in the best mood before I listen to this song, afterward, I might be angry and sad and want to break something and then put it back together again. That might not make you want to listen to the song, but somehow I'm drawn to sad, complex songs like this.
With two verses, three different choruses and a killer bridge, Jimmy had a lot to say here! I love hearing about songs that the artist felt was inside him just dying to get out, and this song seems like one of them.
The entire album (Futures, 2004) is absolutely amazing and I can listen to it from beginning to end without wanting to skip a single track, but this song is definitely my favorite
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

hi ina! omgosh, ditto! i LOVEEE this album! my fave: 23 :) -tina
ReplyDelete