I've been thinking a lot about my failures today, thanks to the essay portion of my New York City Public School application. I have to write about a hardship I've encountered in my professional or academic career that I've overcome, how I overcame it, and how I would apply these lessons in the classroom.
So I brainstormed and wrote down the ideas I had, and now I have a full single-spaced typed page of all the professional and academic failures I can remember, and it's making me a little sad!
I want ice cream.
(I wrote this on Thursday evening.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

it just means that you tried a lot of things =)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sherry! :) I hope you're having fun on your world tour! :D
ReplyDeletei actually LOVE stories revolving around failure. like... totally mesmerized with failure stories, particularly of very successful people. i think they are awesome.
ReplyDeleteonce i went to a career workshop where hoda kotb of today show fame spoke to a bunch of college kids. and her whole speech revolved around this theme. she even pulled out a book that chronicled famous people's failures... and one of them was michael jordan. who was cut from the JV basketball team in high school. the greatest basketball player of all time cut from the JV team!
it always stuck with me. i feel like i've already learned the hard way that the more truly successful person is not the one who never falls, but the one who never gives up after falling.